suscribe facebook twitter instagram


Friday, January 31, 2014

.....::::: CONTROLLING THE BEAST THAT IS OUR TONGUE :::::.....

Hmmmm...need I say more? I hate talking about personal issues but this hits me straight in the heart. I have done this to people that I love a couple of times in my life, thougj not on purpose. But that does not change the fact that what is done is done. Our tongues are wild animals waiting to be released. There is the power of LIFE and DEATH in the tongue. Use it wisely!!! No matter how SPIRITUAL we think we are, we could all control our speech more effectively. What you say and what don't say are both important. Proper speech is not only saying the right words at the right time, but it is also controlling your desire to say what you shouldn't. Examples of an untamed tongue include gossiping, putting others down, bragging, manipulating, false teaching, exaggerating, complaining, flattering, and lying. Before you speak, ask, "Is what I want to say true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?" Please let that sink in...
James 1:26 - "Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless."




(Devotions/ Devotionals)

No comments:

Post a Comment