suscribe facebook twitter instagram


Monday, April 28, 2014

.....::::: LOOK AGAIN AND THINK :::::.....

If there is one thing I love to do-it is to read. Reading reveals so many mysteries. I started reading this devotional book a while back called: "My Upmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers and edited by James Reimann. If you ever lay your eyes on a copy of it, I highly recommend you buy it! In it I found the following and wanted to share a little exert with you. 
To worry is to give way to anxiety or unease; allow one's mind to dwell on difficulty or troubles. Do you worry? Jesus tells us not to worry about the things God promises to supply. Worry may cause you to damage your health, consume your thoughts, disrupt your productivity, negatively affect the way you treat others and reduce your ability to trust in God. Do your very worries cause you to drift away from Him? Forgive me for asking…stay blessed and in faith!
"[…] I say to you, do not worry about your life…" Our Lord says to be careful only about one thing-our relationship to Him. But our common sense shouts loudly and says, "That is absurd, I must consider how I am going to live, and I must consider what I am going to eat and drink." Jesus says you must not. Beware of allowing yourself to think that He says this while not understanding your circumstances. Jesus Christ knows our circumstances better than we do, and He says we must not think about these things to the point where they become the primary concern of our life. Whenever they are competing concerns in your life, be sure you always put your relationship with God first.
"Sufficient for the day is its own trouble" (Matthew 6:34). How much trouble (worry) has begun to threaten you today? […] Jesus tells us not to worry about any of these things. Look again and think. Keep your mind on the "much more" of your heavenly Father (Matthew 6:30).
(Devotions/ Devotionals)

No comments:

Post a Comment