suscribe facebook twitter instagram


Sunday, January 12, 2014

.....::::: What is holding you back?! :::::.....

Forgive me for asking again...but just what is holding you back? For some it may be guilt, fear and most often, yourself. We have all done things for which we are ashamed, and we live in the tension of what we have been and what we want to be. But because of our hope in Jesus Christ, we can let go of past guilt and look forward to what God will help us become! To answer the question of "what is holding us back?", you must first know where you are headed and what is your goal. Speaking of goals, Paul says that his goal is to know Christ, to be like Christ, and to be all Christ has in mind for him. This goal absorbs all Paul's energy. This is a helpful example for us. We should not let anything take our eyes off our goal - knowing Christ. With the single-mindedness of an athlete in training, we must lay aside everything harmful and forsake anything that may distract us from being effective Christians.
Philippians 3:12-14 "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."







(Devotions/ Devotionals)

No comments:

Post a Comment